Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grand Rapids July 7th Shootings

So I've been thinking about making a blog lately. Guess this is a good enough reason to start:


9775185-large.jpg


Local news:
http://grnorth.wzzm13.com/news/news/seven-dead-one-hostage-released/59471

National news:
http://grnorth.wzzm13.com/news/news/seven-dead-one-hostage-released/59471

I am a local, and if you'd like to keep updated on the situation (I'm watching local news) you can rely on this to update you.

As of now he has one hostage remaining in the house and is demanding gatorade, matches, and cigarettes. He threatens to kill the remaining hostage if the police don't cooperate.

Cops gave him his gatorade.

10:50pm EST
They suspect an additional hostage may be in the house.

11:36
There is traffic in and out of the house. They believe there has been a gunshot (this is preliminary information) that was Dantzler taking his own life after the hostages were left alone.

11:45
Suspect confirmed dead. He took his own life.

Also, quite an incredible story: A man who had a titanium plate in his nose from cancer surgery got shot in the face in this incident and the plate saved his life.

Discuss, share thoughts and stories, etc. I will spice up this entry tomorrow morning after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment